Use the below instructions to help you get Recipe Key Premium up and running in no time!
Install Recipe Key Premium
- Download Recipe Key Plugin
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin to display the WordPress Plugin upload field.
- Click Choose File to navigate your local file directory.
- Select the Recipe Key Plugin to upload and install.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it.
- Make sure to activate the plugin with your license.
**Note prior to installing Recipe Key Premium you must deactivate and uninstall the free versions.
Activate Recipe Key
- Head to Recipe Key Premium’s admin page (Settings > Recipe Key).
- Choose the Licensing Tab.
- Copy and paste the license you recieved via email
- Click Save Settings
- Next, go back to the licensing tab and click Activate.
Configure Recipe Key Premium
After you’ve installed Recipe Key Premium you’ll want to configure it. Recipe Key works by looking at your tags and categories you have and have set your posts for. Based off of what you mark your posts recipe key will display those icons. Note that if you don’t have a category or tag set, it will NOT show up! Make sure you add it if you want it to display.
Categories & Tags
If you don’t already have categories or tags setup start by adding them. Use the following. Note: As of v1.5.0 you can use any of your categories or tags. Note that when adding your category/tags to recipe key they are CASE SENSITIVE!
- gluten free
- dairy free
- nut free
- egg free
- sugar free
- soy free
- corn free
- high protein
- low carb
- quick (meal)
Sidebar Widget (Legend)
Too add the widget sidebar simply go to your Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Widget and add the Recipe Key Sidebar widget to your Primary Sidebar.
Genesis Framework and Foodie Pro Integration
Recipe Key has Genesis Framework by StudioPress integration. If you have Foodie Pro Theme you can use the Recipe Feature Widget and get the same awesome Foodie Pro Theme Feature Widget with the benefit of Recipe integration!
Customizing Recipe Key
Customize Recipe Key Premium with styles and colors.
To activate custom shortcode anywhere on a page, post or widget simply use the below shortcode.
Add Recipe Key to WP Recipe Maker
Add recipe key to your favorite recipe key card. See how easy it is to add recipe key to WP Recipe Maker my recommended recipe plugin.
Recipe Key Change Log
Version 2.2.0 – 11/28/2020 (Major Release Update)
- Improvement: Moved all front facing CSS to inline. This removes render blocking issues to appease Google core web vitals.
- Improvement: Reviewed and updated all CSS code.
- Improvement: Updated core recipe key code reducing footprint and increasing performance.
- Improvement: Added two new styles “Name” and “Whole”.
- Fix: Reconfigured activation process so it is smoother.
- Fix: JS issue with block style not updating CSS colors.
- NOTE: With new styles, the “remove icon” feature is deprecated and will be removed in future releases.
- NOTE: Foodie Pro theme 3.x is deprecated will no longer be supported in future releases.