Use the below instructions to help you get Recipe Key Premium and Cooking Key Premium up and running in no time!
Install Recipe Key or Cooking Key Premium
- Download Recipe Key Plugin
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin to display the WordPress Plugin upload field.
- Click Choose File to navigate your local file directory.
- Select the Recipe Key Plugin to upload and install.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it.
**Note prior to installing Recipe Key Premium or Cooking Key Premium, you must deactivate and uninstall the free versions.
Configure Recipe Key Premium
After you’ve installed Recipe Key Premium you’ll want to configure it. Recipe Key works by looking at your tags and categories you have and have set your posts for. Based off of what you mark your posts recipe key will display those icons. Note that if you don’t have a category or tag set, it will NOT show up! Make sure you add it if you want it to display.
Categories & Tags
If you don’t already have categories or tags setup start by adding them. Use the following:
- gluten free or gluten-free
- dairy free or dairy-free
- nut free or nut-free
- egg free or egg-free
- sugar free or sugar-free
- high protein or high-protein
- low carb or low-carb
- quick (meal)
- air fryer or air-fryer
- food processor or food-processor
- instant pot or instant-pot
- pressure cooker or pressure-cooker
- slow cooker or slow-cooker
Sidebar Widget (Legend)
Too add the widget sidebar simply go to your Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Widget and add the Recipe Key Sidebar widget to your Primary Sidebar.
If you’re having problems you can go to Admin Dashboard > Settings > Recipe Key to see your categories, tags and wordpress configuration. See the video below for more info!
Genesis Framework and Foodie Pro Integration
Recipe Key and Cooking Key has Genesis Framework by StudioPress integration. If you have Foodie Pro Theme you can use the Recipe/Cooking Key Feature Widget and get the same awesome Foodie Pro Theme Feature Widget with the benefit of Recipe/Cooking Key integration!
Customizing your CSS
Recipe Key and Cooking Key is highly customizable with CSS. Use the below classes to target and customize your recipe key installation. See how you can customize Recipe Key.
Recipe Key CSS
- .recipe-key-feature-wrap-fp2 (if using Foodie Pro v2.x)
- .recipe-key-feature-wrap (if using Foodie Pro v3.x)
- [class^=”irk-“], [class*=” irk-“]
- .irk-glutenfree, .irk-dairyfree, . irk-vegan, etc
Cooking Key CSS
- .cooking-key-feature-wrap-fp2 (if using Foodie Pro v2.x)
- .cooking-key-feature-wrap (if using Foodie Pro v3.x)
- . cooking -key-post-wrap
- . cooking -legend-wrap
- . cooking -key
- . cooking -key-icon
- . cooking -key-diet
- [class^=”ck-“], [class*=” ck-“]
- .ck-blender, .ck-food-processor, ck-instant-pot, etc
Learn how to customize Recipe Key for your website through Recipe Key Foodie Pro Widgets and posts/archive pages.